I. EXPLORE REAL RUSSIA TOURS
So you have decided to visit the great capital city of Moscow? We are glad to offer a lot of tours by local guides!
What is special in our tours?
- We are a small family business; therefore, we do tours with a personal touch for the most affordable price!
- We have adventure tours: with us you may travel Russian arctic, amazing ice caves and tundra wilderness…
- You can choose authentic UAZ military van looking like it is still 1965 for each tour!
- Our guides are knowledgeable and friendly locals, never boring and always ready to share lots of interesting facts aside from dates and names only.
GET UP TO 10% DISCOUNT by booking our tours here (PROMO CODE: Godzillas Hostel)
And this cold winter we have the special offer… Moscow FREE tour just for subscription!
How to spend several days in Moscow
We recommend spending the first day in Moscow center walking near the Red Square. There are a lot of museums, churches and other sightseeings for the whole day.
At the second and third days, we recommend to see less popular places with one of the Moscow guided tours. You may like visiting KGB headquarters, Victory Park, and even Secret Soviet bunker during BACK IN USSR tour. It’s worth it, because modern Russia inherited many features from USSR times. You may also like the minivan tour to see the main attractions despite of the weather.
If you have more than 3 days, we recommend visiting Golden Ring towns to explore real Russia and common life of ordinary people. Maybe you know, but there is a great difference between Moscow and all other Russia. It is not easy to understand life here when you are stuck in the traffic jam on your way to Kremlin with a coffee in your hand! Vladimir and Suzdal tour is a good option for a one-day trip.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE, BOOK TOURS ONLINE, BY PHONE OR AT THE RECEPTION TO BE SURE THAT WE KNOW ABOUT YOUR INTENTIONS!
Dates and times are flexible, please ask the reception or call us if you have any questions.
II. MOSCOW GUIDED PHOTO TOUR
So you’ve made it to Moscow, have a guidebook, but still don’t know where to go, what to see?
Godzillas Hostel has partnered up with professional photographer and architecture enthusiast Natalia Melikova to provide unique, customized tours to make your visit to Russia’s capital really special, AND well-documented (photographs included!).
In Natalia’s words:
WHAT TO SEE & DO
These are just some of the options, always open to explore other ideas/requests:
– The classic must-sees: Red Square, Bolshoi Theater, Christ the Savior Cathedral, Old Arbat pedestrian street, Sparrow Hills panoramic view of the city
– Avant-garde: post-revolutionary constructivist architecture from the 1920s-1930s
– VDNKH: a former exhibition center that showed off the Soviet Union’s achievements in a variety of industries and fields
– Novodevichy cemetery (cool tombstones!) and monastery, Sparrow Hills panoramic view of the city
– Food: best food in Moscow is hands down Georgian cuisine. We can can spend an hour or so exploring, and then go get Georgian food together (price of food not included).
WHAT MAKES THESE TOURS SPECIAL
1. They’re actually explorations. We can go see what’s listed above, or perhaps you have a special mission that’s not covered by usual tours and a need a Russian speaking guide to take you there, no problem! We can customize where we go and what we see.
2. Photographs, beautiful photographs! I will take photographs of you at the locations visited. So, learn about the city’s history, architecture, and current trends and get some cool photos while you’re at it!
Our explorations take about 2 to 3 hours, starting from Godzillas Hostel.
Within 24 hrs (usually same day), you’ll get a Google Drive link to all photos from the day + 3-5 edited photos (the ones that you’ll want to put in a frame! Or as your new FB profile pic 😉
1 person: 2000₽
2+: 1500₽ per person
4+: 1250₽ per person
6+: 1000₽ per person
I was born in Moscow, grew up in California and now have been living in Moscow for the past 5 years. I created and run The Constructivist Project. Check out some of my photography on my website and see way too many photos of huskies, and just daily snaps on Instagram.
Dates and times are flexible, please ask the reception if you have any questions.